Tuesday, January 21, 2014

S-1 Joint Problems & Bikram Yoga

Sacroiliac Subluxation.  Fun stuff. =\
I woke up this morning and before I even got out of bed I knew my right hip was going to hurt.   I disentangled myself from my two little Maltese dogs and crawled out of bed.  I straightened up slowly and sure enough that piercing tight feeling I dread feeling was there.   For a little while, I ignored it, thinking that maybe if I moved around some and took some ibuprofen it would loosen up.   I washed my face, pinned up my hair, and got into my yoga clothes.   Then, I did an experimental bend or two.

Uh huh.  Wasn't happening.  I couldn't even bend over halfway before my hip screamed in pain.   I knew that when it's at this level of pain that the best thing to do is baby it.  If I baby it, then there's a good chance the tightness will let up a lot quicker and I can get back to my normal activities.   Also, \ Rick and I were planning on Ceili dancing tonight and if I overused my hip this morning there would be no way that I could manage dancing.   Reluctantly, I took my yoga clothes off and went to take the hottest shower I could handle instead with hopes to ease some of the tension in my hip.

I'm really disappointed that I had to skip yoga this morning and it doesn't seem to matter how many times that I tell myself that I did a double yesterday and it's okay to take today off.   I didn't want to take today off.  I wanted to go to yoga.  =(

Read more about Sacroiliac Joint Dysfunction.

No comments:

Post a Comment